Thursday, April 28, 2011

April reviews from the Albert Park club

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - reviewed by Charlie

I have read the first 3 books plus this one and I really like them.  In this book Harry Potter is about 14 years old and he and his friends go to the Quidditch World Cup which has 7 players.

This book I give 4 out of 5  - the first three books I give 5 out of 5. 




Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling - reviewed by Anabelle

I really liked it!  I like that it has lots of mystery and adventure, it also has werewolves in it! It has lots of rude words in it like ‘idiot’, ‘git’ and ‘shut up’ so that’s why I’m only giving it...

4½ out of 5!
 .




Dragon moon by Carole Wilkinson - reviewed by Anabelle

I enjoyed it because it’s about people and dragons. 

Ping (a girl) who has to bring Kai (a dragon) back to his own kind (other dragons).  I liked it because the plot changes direction unexpectedly. 

Rated 5 out of 5.




The Magic Pony Series by Elizabeth Lindsay - reviewed by Alex

The two books I have read are Ghost in the House and Nightime Adventure and I really liked both of these books.  There is a lot of mystery and adventure, but you are told early in the book what the mystery was the rest is solving why it is a mystery.

I give both books 5 out of 5.





Five go off in a Caravan by Enid Blyton - reviewed by Alex

The Famous Five go on a caravan holiday and come across a sinister circus.  I like adventure and mystery.

Rated 5 out of 5





The White Ship by Australian author Jackie French - reviewed by Kerstin

The White Ship leaves France in the late 1500’s with a ship full of Huguenot children fleeing religious persecution.  The Captain will not land until they find the perfect place where there is no intolerance.  They end up sailing for nearly 500 years until they reach Australia.  No-one on board ever gets old and no-one realises the amount of time that has passed except for a boy named Michel.  He challenges the Captain to land in Australia.  It is 2001 in Australia and Rachel and her family are the only people who can see the White Ship.  Rachel also has dreams about Michel and the ship.  It’s part adventure, fantasy and historical a great read.  I did not want to put the book down. 

Rated 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us!