Friday, August 19, 2011

The Book of Names ... by Charlie

India 1648...

Here I am, another day in hell with my pet parrot Janthrow, anyway I got imprisoned by the Great Jaque, "the guys a show off" Janthrow squawked.

"Let me tell you a tale" said a wrinkly man with a face of fuzz. "Back when I was a young lad about your age I was as poor as a donkey, I got stuck in here for stealing an apple" he said.

"So you have not been here for long, right?" I said.

"Is forty years long enough you fool and I'm here for another 20" said the old man. He seemed drunk and smelled of rum. "Rum that got smuggled into India, that is my real reason for being here" said the old fool...


It was settled. I was going to escape, my only worry was a big Indian man who's name was Bosun. Bosun was a man who liked to inflict pain on others. Before I could start thinking Bosun yelled "execution time! How about you kid, it's your turn to lose your head".

Bosun had a muscular body, no shirt, a bald head and carried two swords. Bosun led me down a dark narrow corridor then we got to a big steel door covered in cogs. Bosun put a stone (which was a ruby) in between two cogs and the door began to open.

I walked inside with my parrot behind me, there were bones everywhere, in fact the whole room was made of bones. Bosun raised a huge knife to my throat, it began to cut, I could feel it digging into my throat. Suddnely one of the guards stabbed Bosun in the back, "Gaaaaagh" yelled Bosun as he hit the ground.

The guard said "Allo old chum". It was my brother TanSue. He was tall and skinny with skin as dark as coal. He pulled out a gold key, "I smuggled this from the Caribbean, take it to the Taj Mahal building site and sell it to a man with an eye patch. Now go" said my brother.

I was at Taj Mahal for hours then I found the man with the eye patch, all he had to offer was an invitation and some robes, he said it was for the Princess's birthday.

I was wearing the robes and was at the Princess's tower, I saw a gold book and there was no one but me at the party. When people came I took the book and found my name and then bumped into a beautiful lady, "Hello I am the Princess" she said.

Suddnely the Great Jaque appeared, he snatched the book. "The Book of Names they call it, now boy you belong in a prison cell" said the fool.

I did not wait, I jumped out the window and landed on a cart. "How was my timing?" said TanSue.

"Great" I said as I gave Jaque the salute, the Princess waved to me and I knew who I was.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us!