Thursday, November 17, 2011

It was spring and time to move ... by Therese

It was spring and time to move apparently. We three (as in Tam the annoying guy, Orrin the sometimes supportive guy and me, Jenny, the so-called wanna-be ballerina) have absolutely no idea what was going on! One day mum just said we were all going to move to this abandoned house in the country. And so we are.

For some strange reason Orrin just made us start planning things to maybe find out what was going on. None of those stupid ideas have even given us the slightest idea about life yet. All of the ideas that Orrin came up with involved listening through keyholes (everyone reasonably smart knows that never works). Seriously, shouldn't a fourteen year old be able to come up with better ideas than that.

Sometimes I just sit on my bed with Fluffy (he's my dog) thinking about how much I hate ballet and how I wish I would admit to mum and dad that I really, really, really want to quit it. I think my parents (mainly mum) have this voice in their head going on and on saying that I will one day be an Anna Pavlova and amaze the world with my breathtaking dancing (breathtaking because it is so horrible I would say). This sitting on the bed and thinking about loathing ballet thing is like a ritual for me. I do it at least twice a day and I don't know why.

Tam just seems to absolutely hate Fluffy. I seriously don't know why, I think he is really cute. One day Fluffy was sitting on the floor in the dining room and Tam shouted at me. He said I needed to get my useless stuffed thing off the floor, and I haven't got over it. I can't believe he said that he was a stuffed dog. When I got Fluffy I told them he wasn't stuffed, he was real, and better that a real one because it doesn't dig up the yard.

The weather was getting warmer and we all got in trouble from mum heaps because we would never help pack anything. Today is the last ballet lesson of the term and thank goodness for that. I told mum if she let me stay I could help put our antiques in tissue paper but she said I couldn't miss another lesson because my muscles will get too stiff. Fair enough anyway, I bet she knew I wasn't going to help her. So I go to my stupid ballet class and go through all the exercises thinking "why in the world am I here, I could be stuffing myself silly at the candy store." I never know what the teacher is saying. She speaks in Spanish or blah blah or something all the time.

We have nearly packed everything and mum is always saying "prepare to move" in this weird action man voice and laughs at herself. I guess it is some sort of old persons joke.

We are in the car to the house now and it's been five hours, I guess it really is abandoned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us!